my photos to pcfrom dvd camcorder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a new panasonic dvd model vdr-150d which takes still pictures and i want to transfer them onto my computer using an usb cable but wont let me i got no satisfaction from panasonic can anybody tell me what software i need or can i down load anything from pc that will work cheers

Sponsored Links
I have pinacle studio 8 but i think 10 is out now, lets you edit the moving pictures too

Presumably, as it's new, you have read the manual?

Does it come with a driver disk?

Often these devices need no drivers and connecting the USB cable simply gives you access to flash memory in the camera. With the camera connected (and in the correct mode, if necessary), does it appear as a new drive in My Computer.

It would also be useful to know a little more about the PC and Operating System you are connecting it to.

hawthorns said:
i have a new panasonic dvd model vdr-150d which takes still pictures and i want to transfer them onto my computer using an usb cable but wont let me i got no satisfaction from panasonic can anybody tell me what software i need or can i down load anything from pc that will work cheers

On my JVC camcorder. I have a slider button, one position for movie the other for the memory card, On mine I have to make sure that slider is in memory card mode, and when I connect to p/c windows detects automaticly and does it all for me.... ;)

Sponsored Links
confidentincompetent said:
hawthorns said:

On my JVC camcorder. I have a slider button, one position for movie the other for the memory card, On mine I have to make sure that slider is in memory card mode, and when I connect to p/c windows detects automaticly and does it all for me.... ;)
thanks for your help folks but just found out need software for windows 2000 to operate it any ideas whats the best software

Does it detect when you plug the camera in? It will have come with some drviers that at least allow comms between the pc and camera, as mentioned it may show as another drive.
If you want to do other than transfer stills, then 3rd party software is needed (didnt you get some free trial or other with the camera?)

eggplant said:
Does it detect when you plug the camera in? It will have come with some drviers that at least allow comms between the pc and camera, as mentioned it may show as another drive.
If you want to do other than transfer stills, then 3rd party software is needed (didnt you get some free trial or other with the camera?)
no nothing at all just the camera and leads and when i plug it in to the pc and try to put pictures on it says cant detect camera nothing even shows up when i click on .my computer as some one suggested i do yes i only want to transfer stills

hawthorns said:
when i plug it in to the pc and try to put pictures on it says cant detect camera

What says 'can't detect camera'?

Does the camera have a mode switch? Is it set to the correct position for transferring pictures to your PC?

Igorian said:
hawthorns said:
when i plug it in to the pc and try to put pictures on it says cant detect camera

What says 'can't detect camera'?

Does the camera have a mode switch? Is it set to the correct position for transferring pictures to your PC?
yes it does and it is set in the correct position

I've just noticed that you said you are using Windows 2000. Is service pack 4 installed?

Are you using any other USB devices?

Right click on My Computer and select properties. It should say which service pack you are up to in the info box.

I think it's important that you say what Operating System you are using. Do you have Windows 2000 or is that the minimum that the cam needs? I've transferred from a Digital cam to PC using a Firewire with Pinnacle 8 and Windows XP without any problems and I'm no expert. USB1.1 would take an age to complete the task.

VeRetired said:
I think it's important that you say what Operating System you are using. Do you have Windows 2000 or is that the minimum that the cam needs? I've transferred from a Digital cam to PC using a Firewire with Pinnacle 8 and Windows XP without any problems and I'm no expert. USB1.1 would take an age to complete the task.
service pack 4 installed usb 2.0. i am using 1.1 could this be where the problem is and also it states in the booklet ( pictbridge-compliant vdr-d150only) what does this mean as i said before panasonic were unhelpful and there was no discs in with the camera and its their newest camera . windows 2000 is the min the cam needs which is what i have

Pictbridge allows you to connect the cam directly to a printer without the PC.

So are you using SP4?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Have you any other USB devices?

Where did you buy it? Perhaps they could test it for you

Another thing to try. Connect the camera to the PC and the open device manager. Is the camera listed? Does it have a question mark or exclaimation mark next to it? If so, highlight the device and click remove. Unplug the camera and reboot the PC. Wait until PC has started and then plug in USB cable.

According to Panasonic, this device will be listed as a drive in My Computer and requires no other software to transfer the stills.

I agree, are you SURE the usb port is working? the first time you plugged the camera did it definately not do anything?
As for usb 1.1 and usb2 - it will still work just slower.

Sponsored Links
Back