whiter paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just glossed my hall stairs it did not need undercoating.i had to undercoat my doors and they look whiter than the gloss is there different shades of white you can get cause the doors look better

Sponsored Links
Tricky...for whiteness look for a 'brilliant white'...not the standard white but stick to denct well known brands...'white' should have a bs number 00-e-55 ......there isnt a british standard for brilliant white so in effect they can use cheaper pigments and it wont be very white at all.

Sponsored Links
Having been involved in business with somebody who sells raw materials to the paint industry I can tell you that there is massive variation in quality and it is possible to make a nice thick looking paint with very little of any use in it at all, just fillers and thickeners.

One of the costliest materials is the titanium dioxide, which would explain your findings.

We buy our paint from Little Greene Paint Co and although it's not cheap the quality is superb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back