still stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
still no hw/ch. boiler gets hot but not pipes. system bled. someone says either thermostat or blocked coil. how do i check?

Sponsored Links
First you have to give to get.

Give

the boiler make and model
type of system (sealed / vented)
make of motorised valves
have you bled the system (you're bound to be asked)
and anything else you know that we don't.

You then get

help (possibly)

If you've posted before about this, how about a reference to where?

Thanks breezer, I did find it just after I posted the reply, but it's one of those irritations where no apparent information is given and there's an implied expectation there are mind readers with the answer already written, and just waiting for the right question for an excuse to post it.

Sponsored Links
revisit the pump - it could be on a go slow, or spinning well , with a disconnected impeller. COUld be so many things - feel to see where the hot gets.

ChrisR said:
revisit the pump - it could be on a go slow, or spinning well , with a disconnected impeller. COUld be so many things - feel to see where the hot gets.

heat works way up the boiler but stops before pipes... can feel water rushing around pipes, but doesn't push round the hot.....do you need any other info from me

It sounds like you have air in the top of your boiler. What do the pipes do when they come out of the boiler?
Do they go up all the way to the pump, or do they bend over and go down before they get to the pump?

oilman said:
It sounds like you have air in the top of your boiler. What do the pipes do when they come out of the boiler?
Do they go up all the way to the pump, or do they bend over and go down before they get to the pump?

they go up to the pump which is upstairs in airing cupboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back