Biro on fridge door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what to use? I have tried cif but that doesn\\\'t work. The biro is all over the outside door. :(

Sponsored Links
Methylated spririts will soften biro ink. Rub it with some kitchen roll wetted with meths and the ink should transfer to the paper (otherwise it will just smear over the door). A microfibre cloth might also do it. Use rubber or vinyl gloves as it will dry the skin.

Try not to use an abrasive or cream cleaner as you will erode the paint finish.

If it is very slow, mix washing-up liquid with meths to thicken it so it does not run straight off and evaporate, and apply it with a nylon washing-up brush. You can use the same method for sticky label marks.

alchohol works -just lifted a big biro stain off my new sofa with alchohol gell, although the stain on the painted door handle was more stubban so i dont know how well it will work on the fridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back