Knob size

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a gravity-fed shower (not often used) very like a bar mixer, except that it is of curved square-section, not round.

It has the flow knob on the front and the thermostatic temperature control on one end.

the flow control knob has been broken, where it fits the splines on the brass spindle.

Are these knobs a standard size? Am I likely to find a replacement somewhere to fit? It is about 10 years old and I believe it was Italian. The front is marked "termiina" and the end "OSY" but I didn't find these on a Web search.

Sponsored Links
A new knob for a 10 yeaer old italian. (can I avoid a Michael Jackson joke?)
I doubt it very much. On both counts. What a thriller.

Sponsored Links
Shower knobs made of metal will have an inner plastic "sleeve" that fits on the splined spindle, taking up the space between the two and making installation/removal easier. If you go to your local shower showroom they might have a box of bits that you can rummage through and with a bit of luck you might find the combination of sleeve and a knob that work together.

On the italian manufacturer, have you tried going into Google Italy? You might get a better result.

Could you post a picture of the valve on here in the hope that somebody might recognise it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back