Hotpoint 1st ed 1000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 2 yrs old 2nd hand Hotpoint First edition died yesterday mid-cycle. I wasn't around but apparently it just died mid-cycle. My housemate got someone to change the fuse and it worked briefly but died again. They apparently muttered something about motor but am electrican not plumber. I have got rid of all the waste water inside (with a cup!) and through the pipes. Is there anything I can do to check it is not something minor before presuming it is totally dead and getting a new washing machine. As it is second hand I have no instruction manual but I am game to try and fix with help as I believe it could be interesting and an achievement for a gel!

Sponsored Links
change the motor brushes, for more info / pictures try a search, and me as the author

Hi Breezer,

Thanks did a search and you are obviously a very helpful and informative person - but I couldn't find info on motors and washing machines!! Can you give me a bit of a clue where the info is.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back