electric meter faults

nor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody tell me if it is normal for an electric meter to run on after the consumer unit is switched off, (domestic).Manweb say this is normal and a check meter they fitted has confirmed (they say) that my own meter is OK. my meter still turns for at least 40 minutes after consumer unit is switched off.

Sponsored Links
in this 40 minutes, how much electricity is recorded by the meter?

no way something must be wrong have you only got one consumerunit connected

Sponsored Links
nor said:
meter moves very slowly and records about 3 or 4 segments

What is a segment, and what does it cost?

(use the "reply"
reply.gif
button)

meter disc is divide into segments or lines which can be seen when rotating. no idea how much power is being used but probably very little

3 or 4 segments is probably 0.0000001 pence, if that. Look at your meter, it will say "__ turns per kwh". This refers to the number of times that disc spins right round before one KWh is consumed. One KWh costs about 9 pence.

Mine says 200r/Kwh, down next to the meter's serial number.

just read post again, 40 minutes! you watched it for 40 minutes and it move 5mm. wasn't there any paint drying somewhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back