Where to find 'recommended' plumbers??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there!!

I live in the Croydon area (lucky me!!) and I was wondering if there is a website or something along those lines where people have had work done and have left positive\negative feedback about the plumbers who did the work?

I ask this because I need some work doing (central heating system update, new bathroom fitted) and the plumber who was going to do this for me will not even return my calls let alone give me a date as to when he can do this work?? I accepted his quote because his price was acceptable to me but more importantly I know his son and I know his firm have a good reputation.

Basically no-one I know knows a plumber who they are willing to recommend to me. At the moment it will come down to me looking through the Yellow Pages and picking out someone who's name I like (a bit like at the dog track - but I never win there either!!!!)

Any help would be much appreciated as at the moment we have no heating and only have hot water when I put the emersion on :(

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
My advice would be to wait until the firm you know and respect are able to do the work.

In the meantime I dont understand why you should need heating at this time of year.

Invest in a good pullover and thermal underwear. It has a very short payback period and also curbs undesirable urges.

Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the reply, however I have been waiting for the last 2 months without word from this other firm. I have not been in a rush to get the work done so to speak, but rather to agree a date. It is fair enough saying that the weather is OK now, but what if when they finally do get back to me they say they can't start for another two months??

I must say as well that if this is what they are like now then how will they be if there was any problems after they have done the work??

Lastly I'm married, it will take more than a good pullover and thermal underwear to curb the urges I get these days!!! :eek:

Cheers.

Delboy_1976 said:
Hello there!!

I live in the Croydon area (lucky me!!) and I was wondering if there is a website or something along those lines where people have had work done and have left positive\negative feedback about the plumbers who did the work?

I ask this because I need some work doing (central heating system update, new bathroom fitted) and the plumber who was going to do this for me will not even return my calls let alone give me a date as to when he can do this work?? I accepted his quote because his price was acceptable to me but more importantly I know his son and I know his firm have a good reputation.

Basically no-one I know knows a plumber who they are willing to recommend to me. At the moment it will come down to me looking through the Yellow Pages and picking out someone who's name I like (a bit like at the dog track - but I never win there either!!!!)

Any help would be much appreciated as at the moment we have no heating and only have hot water when I put the emersion on :(

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
But ChrisR will not go to Croydon!

I am not too sure that John is that keen on bathrooms either.

To be honest it may be better to seperate the heating work from the bathroom as they tend to be different specialities.

The heating work may be required before the winter whereas the bathroom could wait.

I would always wait a long time for somebody I thought would do a good job.

Tony

LOL - I think he may read this forum because he phoned me about 10 minutes ago!!!

All sorted now, thanks for the advice guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back