Fould smelling Zanussi jetsystem 1200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a disgusting, stagnant water smell in my machine and it is making our clothes smell. I have checked and cleaned the fluff filter, which I do regularly anyway, and I have cleaned around the door seals. This has never happened to us before and we have owned the machine for about 4 years. Anyone any ideas/suggestions as to what might becausing the problem and how to rectify it ?

Sponsored Links
Is this a washing machine?

Start by taking out the soap drawer, and scrubbing it in hot water to get off all the congealed old soap and fabsoft, and the black mildew that grows on it. Open the fabsoft container and clean out the tubular syphon. Observe how it is assembled so you put it back right. Clean out the slot that the drawer goes into as well. A nylon washing-up brush will help, and some kitchen spray with bleach will kill the mildew. (Rinse well after).

Give it a max-heat wash with no clothes and no powder, just hot water.

Also, have a look at the waste pipe. Does it connect to your kitchen sink trap? Sometimes they get dirty water from the sink running down the hose into the machine.

Sorry, yes it is a washing machine. I have done most of what you have suggested and the smell is still lingering.

We checked the drain pipe etc. last night to ensure that there is no blockage and tipped the machine several ways to empty out all the water that might of been inside, not much came out. I am going to give it another hot wash today and I have booked an engineers call for Tuesday - just in case.

Sponsored Links
mrsmastiffs said:
... I have done most of what you have suggested...

I am of course wondering what "most" means

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back