Bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone please tell me if water taps should be able to accept a copper pipe(female connection) aswell as couple up to a flexi pipe(male connection)?

Sponsored Links
Water taps generally have a threaded male tail, and accept a Tap Connector which has a nut on it.

Silly mixers sometimes have tiny copper pipe plain tails like a pencil. This is OK if you don't want much water flow.

Hi John
I thought they did I just bought a new bathroom suite and was about to prep the taps and fix to the sink and bath, cut 2 lengths of 22mm for the bath and when I tried to insert them into the tap the pipe wouldn't fit.

Cheers

nowtaboutnowt said:
...cut 2 lengths of 22mm for the bath and when I tried to insert them into the tap the pipe wouldn't fit.

Pipe isn't supposed to fit, you need tap connectors. There is a lot to be said for using flexible ones. You can wiggle them into place without having to bend, shorten or lengthen the pipes. You can get them with service valves incorporated which is very convenient but restricts the flow a bit.

Here is a braided one. You can also get convoluted copper which i think isn't as convenient.
p1081010_l.jpg

The tail on the tap has a 3/4" imperial thread.

Sponsored Links
Sorry John
I read your reply wrong, I fully understand now. I'll be installing the new bathroom at the weekend, if I have any probs I know where to come.
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back