efli question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in regards to the 2391 practical.....

1, for the external earth fault loop impedance, do you disconnect the earth coming into the 3 phase db from the main earth terminal? have heard conflicting methods of this, some saying yes because of the pp's and some saying no because its a test board????

2, similarilly, when doing the ze at the single phase cu do i disconnect the earth from the earth terminal in the single phase cu or leave it in??

Sponsored Links
If the single phase CU is a submain (don't recall one of my AM2?) - the you do a Zs (called a Zdb).

For the main TP board, you should disconnect the earth from earth bar - I recall being able to do this by dropping a link on the bar. (as is required by bs7671 in fact).

and can anyone confirm the proceedrure is

measure L1-E,L2-E,L3-E and record the highest value as ze????

and for fault current

L1-E,L2-E,L3-E and then L1-N,L2,-N,L3-N . whichever reading out of the 6 gives the highest value is doubled and recorded. is this correct or have i missed something or got anything wrong???

You've got it.
Btw if your tester can do 400v tests you can use it L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L1 as well. Don't need to double these.

Sponsored Links
cheers spark. got a megger mft1502, believe it can do the 400v tests but ill check of course.

does that mean i can not bother with any of the 6 tests and just do l1-l2,l1-l3,l2-l3 then because one of these will be the highest?

I would say you still need to complete all the tests, the phase to phase are almost definately going to be higher than phase to neutral/earth unless there are a couple of reduced phase conductors upstream (unlikely I know).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back