Freeze or drain ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, what ia the best method for replacing a complete 3 port valve (honeywell) ?
Should i drain down the system, use arctic spray freezer kit, or some other method like bunging the tank ?
As always your help is much needed and appreciated,
Stix.

Sponsored Links
I bung.

But only after assessing the situation and being confident that i can change it quickly.

scatmanjohn said:
I bung.

But only after assessing the situation and being confident that i can change it quickly.

dodging as its a three port valve

three open pipes

glug glug glug

:):):):)

and bunging only works if the tank boss for the feed aint got lugs??

Sponsored Links
Corgiman wrote:

and bunging only works if the tank boss for the feed aint got lugs

I use bungs for changing rads & such...call me thick for a change but what do you mean `lugs`

aproperly installed three port will have a lockshied on the ret,so bunging is a gift,remember to shut the pump valve,if no lockshield it still works so two open ends = glug glug :LOL: if the tank con has lugs a carrot works as will capping the vent with a spud:cool:

bripl said:
aproperly installed three port will have a lockshied on the ret,so bunging is a gift,remember to shut the pump valve,if no lockshield it still works so two open ends = glug glug :LOL: if the tank con has lugs a carrot works as will capping the vent with a spud:cool:

Brill I like that a veggie plumber

Must say I have never seen a lock shield on any return

bripl does your day start by going the plumbers merchants then the veg shop. :LOL:

corgiman said:
scatmanjohn said:
I bung.

dodging as its a three port valve

three open pipes

glug glug glug

:):):):)

and bunging only works if the tank boss for the feed aint got lugs??

Only after assessing the situation i said

Valve upstairs in airing cupboard get out the bung kit.

Valve in cellar of four story house get out the hose pipe :LOL:

Confused me on the "lugs" bit

bripl said:

Bung on vent with jubilee, bung inside tank on cold outlet..where`s the frikkin` lugs?

the cheapo tank bosses from plumb center dont have the nice hexagonal doings that a rad key fits lovely but two little lugs inside that you can just about get a screwdriver to brace it as you tighten the back nut

so popping a bung in does nowt

thats what i meant :rolleyes:

:)

Cheapo tanks for Cheapo customers...( I never said that) but I`ve never used a carrot :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back