Over freezing freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a fridge/freezer zanussi model no ZK53/37R which is over freezing in the freezer especially around the top drawer. Is this caused by a defective door seal and if so how easy is it to change. Had thermostat changed a few months back but problem has come back. Any thoughts appreicated.

Thornton

Sponsored Links
Probably find it's a bonded seal which means a new door.
If when you try to open the door you feel resistance then it's not the door seal as you've got a vacuum. Check the door seal for holes and splits, also check that it's sealing all round the aperture. Also check that the door hasn't dropped.

Does "over freezing" mean too cold?

Or do you mean excessive frost deposits?

JohnD

Does "over freezing" mean too cold?

Or do you mean excessive frost deposits?

As John asks, its not that now the weather has warmed up the t/stat needs adjusting.?
Over freezing is when ice builds up on the pipe OUTSIDE the unit.
I think you probably have a poor door seal. It may be that the frost build up is stopping the door closing. Try defrosting & starting again.

Sponsored Links
By overfreezing i mean ice build up around the top drawer. It is not too excessive but makes it hard to open the top drawer.I think the thermostat is turned down low.One problem we had was that when they tiled the kitchen floor and put back the freezer the space under the cupboard was very tight and they wedged the freezer in. When i raised the cupboard up the freezer moved up a fraction so maybe there was a bit of distortion of the freezer.

Thornton

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back