Ariston AV1247C will not final spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine runs through the wash cycle, pumps out the water and turns during the spin programme, but does not pick up speed. It seems to start to pick up then looses it again. Brushes replaced about 2 months ago. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Try changing the belt on it. Once they stretch you can get spin problems.
Also check the pressure system doesn't have a partial blockage.
Failing the above you're looking at motor, module or both.

Had the back off, belt seems okay, not slipping or anything.
When you speak of the pressure system, what do you mean. Is it the outlet pipes or is there more to it?

The belt may look fine but it's a stretch belt. Over time they stretch further.
The pressure system is internal to the machine. There will be a pressure chamber with a small bore pipe coming from it to a pressure switch.

Sponsored Links
Okay, checked the pressure vessel and the surrounding tubes, also checked the outlet pump, everything seems fine. Took the step of taking off the belt to see if the motor increases speed without it on. As mentioned before, it turns at normal speed then tries to pick up, before dropping back down, but I've noticed that this dropping down is accompanied by a blue flash from the motor. I'm guessing, but I figure maybe one of the windings in the motor is goosed?

Took out the motor and checked the brushes. Seemed okay but rubbed over with light abrasive paper and cleaned the commutator with same. Checked all connections and ran the motor out of the machine. Once again the motor spins at regular speed then just as it takes of to speed up for the spin I get a blue flash and it drops down again. I'm baffled??? :confused: and a little bit :(

Thanks Sleepyhead.
As its a 13 year old machine and the motor is £90, thinks its time I got a new machine.

Argentum66

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back