Adding a back boiler to the CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an open fire and 2-3 years of logs to burn. Can I fit a back boiler and hook it up into the radiator pipes circuit thereby putting heat into the circuit, which will, hopefully, reduce my gas bill? We have a standard Potterton Gas Boiler (not Combi), with a circulating pump.

Sponsored Links
Need to repost in plumbing...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Done it for you!

Mod Rupert

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Are you planning to burn wood all day/night?

Obviously this will only get the system hot when the log fire has generated enough heat to warm the water up.

What do you intend to do for central heating first thing in the morning as I assume you won't leave the fire in all night?

DOH!!! Just re-read the post about the Potterton boiler too. Ignore the previous waffle :oops:

Sponsored Links
not as easy as just teeing in. but , yes you can marry two boilers together.can be done with a twin coil cylinder or use of a neutralizer(dunsley) for best results.that way you can have hot water and heating off either or both boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back