Doulbe Check Valves or Just service Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am installing a small sink with a monobloc mixer tap. The instructions say that the hot and cold supplies should be of equal pressure; ie: both from tanks, and not using the cold from the rising main, and that double check valves should be installed close to the tap. Firstly is this correct and secondly are double check valves service valves as well.

any advice appreciated greatly!

Sponsored Links
check valves are not service valves as well.

and if the instructions say what they say, then follow them - nobody knows the product better than the people who design,make and market them.

Though i dont see the point in check valves if the supplys are balanced!

I can't think of one reason why you would install a check valve when the supply is higher than the tap - how could it ever backflow?!

I can and in any case its required under the water regulations if its mains fed.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
I can and in any case its required under the water regulations if its mains fed.
bernieboy said:
both from tanks, and not using the cold from the rising main
Er, so how can it backflow Agile?

Softus said:
Agile said:
bernieboy said:
both from tanks, and not using the cold from the rising main

By syphanage soft

in the unlikely even that the mains is turned off and opened thereis a minuscule chance that the grade 2 water could be syphoned back into mains

Thats what I was told anyway :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

as we do have this magic water that can leap from the sink into the tap and start syphoning

if you listern closely you can here the tiny sounds of men in suits making stuff up to justify thier wages

;)

corgiman said:
By syphanage soft
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick - I do know about syphonage cm.:cool:

in the unlikely even that the mains is turned off and opened thereis a minuscule chance that the grade 2 water could be syphoned back into mains
...which is why there should be a check valve on the mains supply. however, Agile was asserting that there needed to be check valves on the tank-fed hot and cold supplies to the basin.

as we do have this magic water that can leap from the sink into the tap and start syphoning
It has more to do with garden hoses, and any float valve that stands a remote chance of getting immersed in water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back