Please help with brand new Washing Machine!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am just coming to the end of fitting our new kitchen from MFI. We also got the MFI "Diplomat" range of built in appliances. I have just plumbed in the washing machine that started to work fine but then just stopped and started to make a loud humming/rattling noise. I have checked all the feeds and connections and they are all fine. I have checked the water pressure (not accurately, just in a bucket!!!) and there is a good feed with no blockages! What is wrong with it, I'm certain these machines should not be this loud and it was right at the start of the cycle so had almost nothing to do in terms of pumping water out of the machine?!?! It just seems to stall making this noise!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of clothes and am fed up with having to go to the launderette!!!

Cheers!!!

Sponsored Links
dont touch it!

if its as new as you say call m/c maker its under g'tee

(assuming pipes are not kinked)

Did you take out the transit/packing braces?

Checked all the pipes, none are kinked, it's basically a straight run under the cupboards from the feeds to the W/M. All 4 of the transit bolts are out. This may just be coincidence but our old machine packed in just before the new kitchen came and was making a very similar noise, the only difference being that it filled up but wouldn't drain (I assumed it was the pump and as we were getting a new one dumped it). The new one isn't filling up but is making a very similar noise?!?

Thanks for the replies!

Sponsored Links
The rattling noise is the pump, they don't like being run dry.
The humming noise is probably the valve solenoid.
Have you pulled the machine forward or just checked the hoses underneath the unit?

Yep, the machine is pulled forwards, well away from the wall, what pipes underneath should I check?

PS: If the pump is rattling it would indicate the machine isn't taking on water. Why would this be, I've checked the supply and it's fine. There aren't any plugs to take out of the maching before plumbing in are there (it didn't say there was in the instructions!)???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back