Need help choosing tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone give me advice on what type of kitchen tap to go for if I'm not sure on my water pressure? My cold water supply is fed from the mains and NOT from a tank in the oft, and the hot comes from a combi boiler next to the sink.

I see there are many taps that specify pressure requirements such as 1.0 bar or 0.5 bar but I'm not sure what ours is. Currently we have a mixer tap with separate hot & cold handles, although I want to replace it for a tower type single handle tap.

Sponsored Links
All kitchen taps are mains fed as they are drinking water outlets.
From what you say the hot is also mains fed via the combi so your pressure should be sufficient to install any style taps you wish.

You can get an idea of flow rate by seeing how long it takes to fill up a litre container with your cold tap on full.
Pete

Thanks Pete, so what sort of times should I be getting to fill up a litre bottle to estimate my flow rate?

Sponsored Links
try putting a bucket under a running tap

count to six

remove bucket

measure quantity of water in aforementioned bucket (henceforth to be know as the "bucket")

times that amount by ten and viola you will have your flow rate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back