Quote for hallway replace ceiling and skim walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're currently having a reroof and upstairs conversion job done. The builder is also decorating and so far has been excellent. We have a stretch of hallway leading to the stairs which is approx 10ft long x 4ft wide. The walls of this are a bit uneven to say the least so he has offered if we strip the wallpaper off then he can skim and even it out, plus replace the plasterboard on the ceiling above as that is a bit bowed too, this way it will flow nicely into the new bits he has already done. Sounds good, he has quoted £400 for this which I thought was a bit expensive, however several people we have mentioned it too think it is very cheap! What do others think, I'd be grateful for any views.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
tonysab,

Difficult to say without seeing the job. There are too many factors to take into account, what condition are the walls in is there coving, will he be plastering the ceiling after he has boarded it. It really is one of those can,t see can't quote jobs. If you think it may be too much get some other reputable quotes in.
Others might be able to give a quote without seeing the job but I would be careful about that if I were you. You say the builder is excellent and if you have had no probs with him trust him and go with it.

DSD

Sounds good to me......It wouldn't get you 3 hours in my dentists chair.

Growler said:
Sounds good to me......It wouldn't get you 3 hours in my dentists chair.
:LOL: :LOL:

sounds a good deal. He's probably doing it a bit cheaper as he's already on site and probably got the stuff to hand...

Sponsored Links
Yep i've just worked it out and he's bang on the mark,as long as he supplies the materials ,there's only a few pounds difference.

tonysab

Are you based in the South East and, if so, would you recommend your builder / how did you find him?

Thanks

F

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back