Hotpoint 1200 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old Hotpoint wont run on any of the wash programs but will run on the spin cycle,could it be the timer/programmer thats up the creek or another component not responding to the programmer,I hope someone can help , regards john

Sponsored Links
Hi Tockworth, no nothing happens ,the only part of the programme that will start is the final spin,it all seems dead appart from that .

I would suspect either the cold water input valve open circuit or if thats ok it looks like the programmer. Have you tried setting the programme to boil wash to see if it fills and start on this programme (on boil wash only the hot valve theoretically opens to allow hot water into the drunm) If it does it would indicate the cold water inlet valve. If it does not fill I would then suspect the programmer.

Sponsored Links
Hi tockworth ,thanks for your input, it looks like a programmer problem .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back