Loss of water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just renewed the main stopcock and cold water pipe to my bathroom. The pipe that runs upstairs to the bathroom also has an inline 90 degree valve on it so I can isolate the supply to the bathroom shoud I need to.

I have opened the stopcock and can hear water passing past it but when I open the 90 degree valve, I get no pressure upstairs at all.

Both valves were bought new so do I need to setup the stopcock or similar. If not, all I can think of is that the inline valve is dropping the pressure dure to the reduction in bore at the globe valve sufficiently to reduce the pressure passing through the valve to nothing.

The length of pipe in question is about 3 metres long and runs vertically from after the stopcock straight through thre ceiling to the bathroom.

Can someone confirm, or indeed deny, my suspicions as I don't want to go ripping valves out just yet in case they aren't the problem. On the other hand, I need a shower so need the water back soon !!!

Sponsored Links
Yes, the arrows on both the stopcock and the inline valve are pointing in the direction of flow

EDIT: Turns out the brand new stop cock was faulty. The valve had stuck on the seat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back