Whirlpool DWF B10 stopping mid cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My dishwasher (fully integrated, less than two years old) starts OK but after a minute or so, it beeps until I open the door. The start button flashes (repeatedly, no stop start pattern). I hold it down for three seconds until it beeps again and the light goes off. If I try to start again, the same thing happens, so I switch the machine off at the control panel and then off at the wall. Then switch back on and set to run again - same pattern repeats 2,3,4,5 times, then eventually it works and usually makes it all the way through the cycle. Last night it started beeping again after about 30 minutes. Got it going again by resetting completely, but of course had to run through the whole cycle again.
It's been doing this for months (since exiting warranty in fact...) and is driving us crazy.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Col

Sponsored Links
Flashing light indicates a fault code of F1 which is a faulty NTC. (Temperature sensor)

Thanks - is that something I can replace myself, or will I need an engineer in? Is there a part I can order somewhere?
Cheers
Col

One of the easiest jobs to do.
Unplug the machine from the wall socket or turn the power off to the sockets. At the very bottom front of the machine is a cover held on by 4 torx screws, take this off. You'll see the white sump of the machine and the ntc sticking out of it. It has two thin blue wires going to it. It twist and pulls out. Replacement is push in and twist.
To get a replacement take the first of the two 12 digit numbers printed on the label, right hand side of the door. Should start something like 85.
Phone or go to a local repair shop and they should be able to get one for you.

Sponsored Links
Doh! Thanks very much for the excellent instructions, but having looked through a number of the posts on here, I've now re-examined my fault. I now see that while the beep is continuous, the light flashes in a sequence of six flashes, then a pause. I guess this means a different fault?
Apologies for misleading previous post.
Cheers
Col

Few things cause this, it's basically a water problem.
Take the left hand panel off, at the bottom of the plastic tank is two wire connector, pull it off, push it back on and try the machine.
If the problem persists the next thing to check is the pressure switch, take out the filter screen and you'll see the black grid in the sump of the machine, clean it out carefully, if you burst the membrane it's useless.
Try it again. If it still doesn't work, check the water hose isn't kinked.
Finally if that doesn't cure it, get the yellow pages out, you need an engineer.

Hi,
Im a spot of bother with my dishwasher, its just under 2 years old and has been working fine until today. When I switch it on it goes through the motion of working but after 2 mins i get a loud beeping noise and it stops. When i open the door the light flashes 11 times then pauses and starts again. I have all the removable parts out and cleaned them. Ive tried running it empty but still the same happens. I cant get into the body of the dishwasher as it is intergrated. Can anyone offer advice please?

Hi there, just wondered if anyone knew a solution to this problem as I've got a whirlpool dwf b10 which is flashing 11 times....?

Many many thanks

Jim

This is the answer someone gave me and it works....!

f11 indicates a failure to the water level indicator. It is most likeley to be gunged up. To find it remove the filter tray and you will see a round plastic grid type affair this is the wi switch, if it is gunged up use boiling hot water and a toothbrush and carefully clean, dont be to harsh else you will damage it. This should solve the problem in most cases.

Hello all...I have the same issue (11 flashes ...pause...11 flashes). I have checked as per the advice so far (clean the mesh with toothbrush and boiling water) however I've still got the same problem. I saw it mentioned to remove the diaphragm, clean and check it however it's not clear to me how to do this. Any advice on how to do this? Your help's much appreciated as the wife is getting sick of doing the dishes...! :eek:

Hello all...I have the same issue (11 flashes ...pause...11 flashes). I have checked as per the advice so far (clean the mesh with toothbrush and boiling water) however I've still got the same problem. I saw it mentioned to remove the diaphragm, clean and check it however it's not clear to me how to do this. Any advice on how to do this? Your help's much appreciated as the wife is getting sick of doing the dishes...! :eek:

Hi, I had same problem with dwf b10. I tried cleaning and flushing the diaphram with boiling water to no avail. You access the diaphram from underneath the machine. It just twists out. Mine was spotless.
It turned out that a hose pipe had worked itself loose and just needed refitted/tightened. This was causing a leak which triggered the float valve and caused the error. Is there water in the bottom tray when you remove the bottom front panel. If there is, then that's sure to mean a leak My problem was solved at no expense. Worth checking before calling engineer out. Hope this helps (someone)

My dishwasher has this exact fault ,just stumbled on this forum and wanted to say thankyou ,as mine has water in the inside tray as you describe so im off to look for a leak !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back