Volume of a heating sytem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a flow meter that you can connect to a hose\drain off, so that you can measure the volume of a heating sytem. This will then give you a figure to size an expansion vessel for a sealed system (if converting from a vented setup). or is there an easier way of doing this?

I'm still active on this forum on a Friday night as i cannot afford to do anything else...i said ANYTHING! are you listening MR and Mrs paymaster!!!! :evil:

lots of love
£3:75perHour

Sponsored Links
if u size the vessel off the btu 's of the boiler thats an easy option. over size is allways better than under in my opinion.Ya suppllier will recomend size in relation to output of boiler.

Sizing the vessel based on the boiler output only works if the boiler was correctly sized in the first place! The ONLY factors that are relevant to the size are the volume of water and the temperature range. If you have a large (oversized) boiler on a small system, you will end up with too large a vessel. Doesn't matter - just costs more and takes more space. If you use the max boiler output and it's a combi, the vessel is even more likely to be bigger than necessary.

Note there is another up-side from an over-sized vessel: the system pressure will take longer to go down!!

Sponsored Links
Is there a flow meter that you can connect to a hose\drain off, so that you can measure the volume of a heating sytem.
Bucket? :p

I'm still active on this forum on a Friday night as i cannot afford to do anything else
I'm just a sad git.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back