RoomThermostat Replacement Help

GK1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing an old Honeywell T6360B rotary room thermostat with a digital (battery powered) Sunvic TLX 7501. I have uploaded pictures of the wiring for both of them.
Please advise on the correct wiring for the new Sunvic. The Honeywell has a Red Live (always 240v), a Yellow switched live (240v when thermostat goes to ON), and a Blue that remains at 0v al the time. The Sunvic has Common, ON, OFF terminals. Which goes where?

Many thanks.

Sunvic:
SunvicTLX7501.jpg

Honeywell:
HoneywellT6360B.jpg

Sponsored Links
off is just for cooling, say if you want to switch your live to a cooling device when the set temp is achieved. think of a cylinder stat when used with a `Y` plan(live to 2/grey) when stat temp achieved. S,Y.. W or what ever plan systems will not require live to cool just one common (live in) and one switched live(load)to the pump or 10 way j/b. Dont for get the neutral wire very important,stat needs this to work correctly.most room stats require 4 core, apart from one of the honeywell range (2 wires)

Ok. Thanks.

How do I loop the Neutral wire on the Sunvic - there's nowhere to connect to? At the Boiler end, Neutral (Blue) is used, but I don't see any route to the old Honeywell....

Sponsored Links
plumber (new blood) said:
Dont for get the neutral wire very important,stat needs this to work correctly.
GK1's new stat doesn't.

off is just for cooling, say if you want to switch your live to a cooling device when the set temp is achieved. think of a cylinder stat when used with a `Y` plan(live to 2/grey) when stat temp achieved. S,Y.. W or what ever plan systems will not require live to cool just one common (live in) and one switched live(load)to the pump or 10 way j/b. Dont for get the neutral wire very important,stat needs this to work correctly.most room stats require 4 core, apart from one of the honeywell range (2 wires)

The guy is a diy'er

He won't have a clue what you are on about.

Plus the fact that it has no relevance to the stat that the OP has got.

yea my bad

?????

yea my bad
plumber, I think you've got some useful knowledge to contribute, but, and I mean no offence, it's potentially being lost in a mixture of laziness and poorly thought out replies.

If you'd just take a couple more minutes to ponder your response, and perhaps read your words as if you were a novice, it would help a lot.

As I said, I mean nothing personal by this.

BTW, I have no idea what your above post meant.

I have a guy working for me that uses this language, basically meanse owning up to a mistake. Apparently if your car is no good it is Gay. Now I have lived through 3 meanings to the word Gay.

my old van must of been a total guy lord then! dam thing! hated hills, no good in plymouth.
iam just young anough to know that sor of lingo haha (28)

yeah you do have a point softus i just type it out quick, i only stubbled across this site because i was looking for info on a control system iam designing for a job, not sure how much advice to give the DIY`S tho?
how much knowlege is dangerous in the wrong hand, these people are getting our advice for free dam it! ha

well they are gona do it any way so might as well try an improve DIY`s standards haha.

well they are gona do it any way so might as well try an improve DIY`s standards haha.
That's exactly right! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back