new cooker no insructions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have just got a new ovan and hob all the wireing is there has i disconnected the old cooker straight forward 3 wires. now the new lot on the hob there is a diagram pe take this as earth / n neutral / then the live as 2 screw holders there is a link provided, from what i can work out the wires from the old cooker go into the hob and the live 1 goes into the live screw with the link to connect the 2 lives .
now can i also run a wire from these points straigt to oven earth/neutral/live ,
i have read all the comments on the site one saying put a 13amp plug on the oven only and plug it in is this just like the plug on the kettle .
oven and hob is a electrulux
thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
I find it difficult to follow the words in your post (are you a fan of James Joyce?) but if you have no instructions, I suggest you ask the retailer to get you a copy. If you bought it at a reduced price as incomplete, phone the manufacturer.

If you can find the manufacturer's rating plates they will tell you the power loading, post that on here and it should help.

If you can lay your hands on a digital camera and post a pic of the connection terminals that may also help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back