potterton netaheat busted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Netaheat Boiler. It was cutting out after a couple of minutes and then switching off and on every couple of seconds. I replaced the PCB (with a second hand one)and it worked! For 2 days. Now it doesn't even try to light. Is it worth trying a new PCB or will I bite the bullet and get a new boiler

Sponsored Links
Hi there,
Personally, I'd change it. Its an old boiler and has had a good innings and parts are difficult to get hold of.
Good luck

garethgas, thanks for the advice, I'm hoping to get a wee while more from it, maybe I'm asking too much of the old girl.

ollski, it is a Netaheat electronic 10-16, cheers

Sponsored Links
Oh right ok, old then. sounds like an air pressure problem.

I agree with both the others guys...I'd go straight to the APS or the fan itself and check those first.
garethgas

Ollski... I thought the only 2 netaheats were the 10/16 and the 16/22?

so did i but apparently their are over 20 versions :eek:

garethgas said:
I agree with both the others guys...I'd go straight to the APS or the fan itself and check those first.
garethgas

Ollski... I thought the only 2 netaheats were the 10/16 and the 16/22?

fan seems to be working, what's the APS??

Please don't mess in this one, it needs a pro to go inside it....they can be death traps. The aps is the disc thing with the plastic pipe on it, the fan creates a pressure differential which moves the diaphragm inside to make a microswitch.

fan seems to be working
You need to measure the air pressure it's generating - get someone who knows the boiler.

There was a 6/10 as well. Then MkI, II, F and Electronic. I think I've got 5 different MI's!

Oh, in case anyone thought I forgot - there were Netaheat Profiles :D

I think that "Bab" mentioned the Netaheat Profile 50 min before you!

I dont know where Lanchashire comes into it though!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back