potterton EP2001 programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. DIY virgin when it comes to central heating. I had a power cut today went to check the times on the central heating programmer,but absolute jack on the display?
checked the fuses and all okay, the backlight works but nothing on the display and no button function.

any ideas?

cheers, the cold shower kid previous known as the hot shower kid!! :cry:

Sponsored Links
hI

ALL SORTED, TURNED POWER OFF AND ON 6 TIMES AND ON TEH 6TH TURN . DISPLAYLIT UP AGAIN AND NOW WORKING FINE.

SHOULD I BEE LOKKING AT REPLACING THIS PROGRAMMER?

There is a battery back up in the programmer which needs replacing. You will get one from any heating supplier and takes seconds to fit. Battery should be replaced every five years I think, costs about a pound for each year.

cozzmic said:
There is a battery back up in the programmer which needs replacing. You will get one from any heating supplier and takes seconds to fit. Battery should be replaced every five years I think, costs about a pound for each year.

Thanks for the advise Cozzmic. Any ideas how you get into the programmer. i can see no logical points on entry, no screws and dont want to force the cover off. there is a slot in the bottom that looks like is designed to take a flat screwdriver, but onthing else. amny advice would be apprecaited, once again thats for the battery info.

have a good days

regards

Sponsored Links
Underneath, towards the right, there's a slot for a screwdriver on the join iirc. Push up with the screwdriver and you can pull the front half to hinge it upwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back