Cast Iron Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an older house with Cast Iron plumbing, and I would like to move my washing machine out of the basement to the upstairs... Can someone tell me, what is made to hook plastic into Cast Iron, and how do I cut the Cast Iron..

Thanks in advace...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello, DannyM, please be aware that this is a UK site and, as mentioned below, our methods and materials are not the same as yours. You will probably do better talking to people nearer home.

Mod Rupert

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sponsored Links
If the stack is 4" you can use a strap boss made for 110mm Upvc pipe. It will need silicone sealant instead of solvent cement. The biggest job is drilling the hole. I use a 59mm Starret hole saw that cuts fine on a low speed. A good batery drill is the easiest but it will need an 1/2" chuck.

If Danny is really in the US, methods will be different. I know because I spent time over the stock in a plumbers merchant while having a day off from skiing in Colorado. (Seemed such a shame to waste the whole time sliding downhill ;) )

All the plastic bosses I've noticed on CI pipes have leaked eventually - including the ones I tried!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back