Airconditioner Vent - Connect 125mm (5") to 5.25"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
First post here - hope it's in the right place..

I bought a B&Q Airforce Mobile air conditioner a few months back & have been struggling to fit it! I've phoned the tech helpline but no use, anyway....the problem.

The Unit requires ducting. I was advised to buy a 5" (125mm) duct & vent from screwfix by the Airforce Tech helpline people - Done.

Problem is, the air conditioner fitting is more than 5" and the duct hose will not fit. It measures 5.25" (131mm). I have been trying to buy some sort of connector but with no luck - any ideas?

I've thought of just connecting the 2 with duct tape - good idea?

Next, the hole. The closest core drill bit I can hire from HSS is 152mm (6"). This is a little on the large side - no?

Advice on connecting the 5" hose to the 5.25" connector and what size of hole I need appreciated!

Moral of story - avoid B&Q airconditioners! Although I do believe the newer ones come with fitting kits..
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Various ducty bits at bes.ltd.uk. Some look like they might help.
But duct tape would work, as would a 6" hole!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back