New boiler to supply taps, main bathroom and new ensuite.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been reading a few threads on new boilers so I have an idea what we require but what like to ask for recommendations for my situation.

We currently have a performa 28i running the CH, HW and shower mixer valve. We are about to build an extension to include a fourth bedroom and ensuite shower room.

The performa does work fine at the moment but I have checked the sedbuk rating for my boiler and it is rated as a band D only 78% efficient.
So now seems the right time to change the boiler.

Do you think that I should get a combi condensing 'a' rated boiler with a high output? Will this run two showers? We have good supply rate but can the boiler cope with two showers. We will only need to run two showers on odd occasions but will the boiler handle it or will one shower trickle out?

What are the best makes of boiler today?

The other choice is to install a tank and connect the combi to the tank.

I suppose we could install a new combi - see if that fits our needs when the new ensuite is in if not then add a tank.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
An electric shower would be the cheapest option for the ensuite.
You have to bear in mind the cost of a boiler swap compared to effeciency savings.

It is not so much can the boiler cope with 2 showers no matter what the flow output gets divided by 2 when both in use so your flow in has to be high too.
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back