help with filling combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a worcester 240 combi boiler. Not knowing about water pressure in boilers, a few months ago I bled the radiators and then the boiler wouldn\\\'t work. I called a plumber and he kindly told me that it needs filling up with water to get the pressure up!! He showed me where the valve was. Great!! Now I have come to bleed the radiators again, turned the same valve to release the water and nothing! Is there something I should be doing? (Don\\\'t say call the plumber back!! hahaha.. although, it may be my only option!!)

Sponsored Links
have you got a plastic key looking thing with two rubber rings near the end.

hi, thanks for the reply... no plastic thing, it's just a copper valve in a joint with the copper pipes. Last time he just got his screwdriver and turned it and water came through, then he closed it off. Now I turn it but nothing comes through. There is a little leakage on the valve screw but nothing else.

You may have a valve \plastic thing at the other end of the braided hose attached to the screw slot valve (spherical isolation valve\ball'o'fix etc).

Check this.

Sponsored Links
Is there a braided hose? See in the faq section.

Hi,

The valve is connected to a braided hose yes... which is then connected to a normal copper pipe. I think there is a plastic valve on that, but I am pretty sure he didn't touch that the last time.

I took of the braided end at that screw valve, undid the screw and nothing came out.

as i said turn the plastic handled valve on the braided hose and the slotted valve on the other end

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back