Creda E420EK Electric oven - No heat from main oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Creda E420EK Europa Solarplus electric oven and the main oven is now not heating up.

With the oven door closed, when I turn the dial to switch the oven on, I can hear the fan kick in, but the red light next to it now does not come on and no heat is generated. If I then open the oven door, the red light comes on and the fan slows down and stops after a few seconds but no heat is generated. Can anyone shed any light on what this problem is likely to be and how it can be fixed. I like to think that I am pretty handy and would prefer to obtain a replacement part if necessary and fit it myself but I wouldn't want to end up doing more damage to the oven if its too complicated.

On a seperate issue, I have replaced the bulb in the main oven Illuminator lamp several times now but it lasts for a few weeks and then blows again. Will it do any harm to run the oven with a blown bulb in it or should I keep renewing them each time it blows?

Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
I've swapped the bulb and this is now working fine.....Thats the good news out of the way, now the bad

I also bought a new element today and have just fitted it but the oven is still not working and has exactly the same symptoms as described above. Anyone any ideas please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back