washing machine error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lately i have been having problems with my Hoover AI 1300 washing machine.I have been told that the error i get.(error code 3) is drainage timeout.I have cleaned everything inside and out pump,water level bottle the lot.Have checked pump works etc.
And the machine worked for a bit (about a week) then the same probs.I keep on taking it apart then putting back together and again the problem goes away for a bit but last for less before the error comes back.
It has got to a point that the error happens all the time.
The only thing i have changed is the drain hose position because it was attached to the machine by a tie clip which i took off but can't remember the correct position it went in.I have it in a kind of snake like shape before going up the side of the machine and up into the ubend waste pipe.
Could it be the pump although working not being powerfull enough now or the way i have the drain pipe.When i lower the drain pipe but not enough that water just flows out of the machine then i get no error but i can't keep it like that as it's not whats stated in the manual and is a lot of hassle to get to in my kitchen.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be the pump. Check for blockage in the sump hose. When you've got the pump out check it thoroughly and see if there's resistance when you try to turn it by hand. Should spring a quarter turn.

I've done them but still the same problem.Does the drain hose have to been bent in a certain way. I know that when the hose exits the machine it travels up the side of the machine then arches into the drain pipe.But the section of the hose between the pump and where it exits the machine is bent into a u-shape as i am not sure what it looked like before i dismantled it.The hose comes out of the pump at it's top before flowing downwards before exiting the machine and going upwards as described above.The hose is not sharply bent so is not kinked.Could this still be the problem.

Nope. The hose is fine as long as it's not kinked. The problem must lie with the pump if there are no blockages. The error code occurs because the machine hasn't drained in the alloted time. Therefore, if there are no blockages, your pump isn't getting rid of the water fast enough.

Sponsored Links
In frustration i ordered a new pump.Fitted it and works a treat.
It so happens that when i cleaned the old pump out it worked for a while but just before i replaced it i checked to see if it worked and it was stuck.I gave it a slight turn and it worked again but decided it was best to replace.
Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back