Replacement for Acl Lifestyle 2-port motorised valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two 2-port motorised valves in my heating system and one is definitely faulty. I have tried replacing the motor but no joy. It is a Honeywell V4043H1056 and are easily found on Ebay and the like. The system will need drained down and hence I would like to replace both valves at the same time.

However the other one is an ACL Lifesyle 2-port motroised valve with number 679H308 30LI on it's housing. They seem to be like hen's teeth.

My question is this - can I replace the ACL valve with another Honeywell V4043. Their specs seem very similar but need to be sure.

Is there anything else I could be doing whilst the system is drained down - ie should I put any additives back into the system when refilling?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ken Mavor

Sponsored Links
It may well only be the head or just the motor which is failed and those components can often be replaced on their own without draining the system.

Tony

Yes you can replace it, the heads don't normally come off the acl lifestyle valves unless one of the late ones.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I have already tried replacing the motor and suspect the system does need a good drain down and flush but the key question I have is this.

Is the Honeywell V4043 a direct, and suitable replacement, for the ACL Lifestyle valve.

Thanks

Ken

Sponsored Links
KenMavor said:
Is the Honeywell V4043 a direct, and suitable replacement, for the ACL Lifestyle valve.

Thanks

Ken

Yes, But you will have to replace the nuts and olives

Blast.
Just asked my wife which valve the plumber said needed replacing and it's the ACL one. Ah well. Have to find a straight replacement or get the nuts and olives replaced as well.

Nothing's ever simple is it. That Murphy's got a lot to answer for.

Just wriggle the olive off with a pair of grips.If its not that tight you can sometimes pull the nut and olive off in one foul swoop.
If olive is tight cut a grove with a junior hacksaw (Be carefull not to cut pipe) and then insert small bladed screwdriver and prise it open..Good luck :D

O.K let me ask the question if you have replaced the motor and the valve is still not opening.
Which valve is it heating or hot water and when you find out which have you checked to see if there is voltage to that motor.
If a two port valve is not opening and you have changed the motor that would then point the finger at the valve not recieving a signal from either clock, roomstat or cylinder stat depending on which valve it is.

KenMavor - there are two types of compression nuts on motorised valves. Most current ones are "external" like a normal compression fitting, but older ones can be "internal" where you only see a thin hex, the rest of the screwed part is male and goes up inside the valve body.

If you have the external type, there's a good chance that a Honeywell valve will go straight in, though, depending on the length of the part of the pipe past the olive, the old nut may move the olive along the pipe as you do it up on the new valve - a place to use some jointing goo.

If the shaft in the old valve body has seized, which happens if they leak, changing the motor (or head) may not make any difference!

Replaced a Drayton 2 port with a Honeywell last week. Perfect fit onto old nuts/olives with a dab of LSX. No such thing as an easy job though- wiring was all squeezed into a tiny box and hard to access. I was thinking, 'I'll cut and connect the fly lead as I'll never get the wires back in'- at the same time that I was easing the wires out! New wiring centre and an hour and a half of unpaid time later!!!

Sorry I cannot help you with your question; but I also have two of the subject valves on my system, and whilst my system works (after a fashion) it is not very efficient. For instance when I advance the time switch if it is cold, the downstairs radiators take forever to warm up - like 3 hours or so!

I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem? The subject valves have an 'A' and 'B' setting, (one is set to 'A' and the other is set to 'B'), does anyone know why? and what would happen if the settings were reversed?

Thanks, assume 'A' is open and 'B' closed?
Is it OK to put them both in the open position? Will this speed up delivery of hot water to the radiators? Or must one of the valves take precedence over the other?
If I switch the water heating to 'B' and the central heating to 'A' does that give the central heating priority over the water heating?
These questions may seem a bit stupid to those who know, but clearly I do not, :oops:, and any advice is very welcome.

Thanks, assume 'A' is open and 'B' closed?
Is it OK to put them both in the open position? Will this speed up delivery of hot water to the radiators? Or must one of the valves take precedence over the other?
If I switch the water heating to 'B' and the central heating to 'A' does that give the central heating priority over the water heating?
These questions may seem a bit stupid to those who know, but clearly I do not, :oops:, and any advice is very welcome.

leave them alone. they do everything they need to do on their own when you switch the heating or water on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back