5 jobs a week from grittish bas customers

ollski said:
Agile said:
HRPC say they can supply mercury switches for the Netaheat ( at a price ) but BG say they are not available!

Tony

I very recently fitted one of these Tony and it was an off the shelf stock part from Bg national part centre in leicester.

That is the problem ollski, BG are saying the parts are not available, and preying on the older generations vulnerability, to flog them new boilers at inflated prices.

In my mates case above (yes he is in his 80s), the boiler conforms to manufacturers instructions, It's also in an outbuilding attached to the side of building, and the flus runs up the outside, no danger to man nor beast.

The boiler is as clean as a whistle and been serviced by BG every year.

This year a different engineer called to do the service.

Sponsored Links
Gasguru, are you involved as a "witness" or as an "expert witness" ?

Point is that if you are an "expert witness" then you might be advised to have the appropriate insurance for acting as a "consultant" in case BG win the case and the Landlord decides to sue you ! Ordinary plumber's insurance does not cover consultancy.

Be aware that BG have a reputation to uphold and could use a very good QC to run rings around you if you are not very regularly appearing in Court and can hold your cool under pressure.

Tony

I totally agree with tony (there is a surprise not! ;) )

Be aware that an half decent wig will tear you apart if you allow him to get you of subject, Believe me I know I have be called to court many a time (not as the defendant I hasten to add)

Make sure that what you have to say is water tight and never ever be lead of subject

ensure that you never address the wig but always addres the judge, or at a pinch (depending on the case of course) the jury,

and keep your answers as simple as possible, if yes will do answer yes, do not indulge yourself into justifications of how clever you are and how you came to your conclusion as they will make you look stupid very very kwikly ( i am NOT saying you are but you will be sitting in front of a highly paid professional who endeavours to make people look stupid for a living) remember all the wig has to do with your evidence is either discredit it totally or at least introduce some element of doubt against what you have to say

I think you are a brave man doing this good luck

Perhaps he will only be a witness?

If an "Expert" then the BG barrister will start off by rubbishing your qualifications and that you are only a Member of the IDHEE ( or IPHE ) rather than a Fellow!

There are other amusing pitfalls to beware of !

I was at a Planning Enquiry in Wiltshire and the Council's Expert Witness was unable to get his slide projector to work !

I was the BBC Expert Witness and was able to see the fault and get up and make the projector work for him. That got me a good laugh and helped to make him look pretty stupid before he had even started to give his evidence.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I first got involved after disconnecting several appliances as AR due to incorrect installations and poor servicing.

BG have shot themselves in the foot as one of their sub-contractors had previously issued warning notices (with identical details as mine) before my visit. BG tried to backtrack whilst continuing to take the customers money for warranty cover.

The cover up continued to the point whereby senior managemant were re-writing the GIUSP guidelines to get themselves out of the hole.

Years of fobbing off the customer has provided plenty of evidence.

Although BG have plenty of dross working for them, they do have the occasional ethical engineer and hence the WN was correctly issued despite the installation having CP12's for the previous 10 years.

My only previous experience of the legal profession (as a jury foreman) is of total incompetence by the courtroom. :eek:

The Law is an ass.........and try and get my quote about gas fitters and french letters in somewhere in the proceedings...... ;) Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back