Hotpoint Aquarius WF541

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help!! I have a brand new washer only used four times brought before on holiday got back yesterday and now won't work!!

Put it on a wash cycle and it stopped midway!! The on/off light and mini load light keep flashing. when you press the on/off button machine will not turn off or turns itself back on, which one not sure but seems to have a life of its own!! The lights just keep flashing at on\off and mini load. Tried turning the washer on and off by the mains and think it is cured but when washer starts again the flashing starts and on/off button or cancel won't work. The washer will pump out and the clothes were wet when removed them so must be filling. Tried moving the dial to different setting and restarting washer (after switching off at mains) but the flashing starts again!!!

If anyone knows anything it would be a great help as washer is brand new and i have lots of clothes to wash after my holidays!! Thanks

Sponsored Links
Counting from the top of the left hand buttons, is it 1, 2 etc that's flashing?

Thanks for a speedy reply!!

It is the 4th light down on the left that says mini load next to it. The washer seems to be pumping out and trying to spin before it has even washed!!

if its brand new then call hotpoint, touch it your self invalidates the g'tee

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer
I was just wondering if it was something simple i have done myself, that is easily put right or whether i have a faulty machine!! Which if i do have a faulty machine then i will be wanting a replacement. Don't worry i won't go putting spanners and things to it, but if it is something simple like water pressure or a kink in the tube then i can sort it. Thanks for your concern though.

Definitely a call to hotpoint.
Appears to be an F1 fault which states, motor triac. This is on the main pcb.
Personally I'd try the retailer for a refund and get myself a Bosch.

Thanks sleepyhead

Your help is much appreciated!! I just wanted to check it was not something i had done and did not want a charge for an engineer to tell me water not connected or kink in the tube!!

Just to let you know i have rung Hotpoint they have said it is a fault and will send out an engineer. I told them not happy with this and i do not really want repair. The machine is less than a month old, only used 4 times since got it from the shop and been on holiday for two weeks ,so not used it, now come home and it wont work!! They still said they are sending out an engineer!!

I have rang the shop where we got it from and explained the situation. They said usually an engineer has to come out and declare it faulty, but as i have rung hotpoint who have said its faultyalready and i am refusing repair they said they will see what they can do!! The shop are ringing me tomorrow to try to resolve the issue!! So hopefully get either a refund or replacement!!

Thanks again

I used to work for HP, its quite normal to send out an engineer to see what is wrong / needs doing

For some reason domestic appliance manufacturers and retailers seem to think the sale of goods act doesn't apply to them.
You didn't buy the machine from the Indesit Company (they own Hotpoint) you bought it from your retailer. The retailer is responsible in this instance and should resolve the situation to your satisfaction. CAB should be able to give you proper advice on handling this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back