Landlords gas safety

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just been told by a Corgi that my gas safety only needs doing every 2 years?, i though it was within 12months. and i'm sure i'm right.

can someone confirm b4 i spend £60.

cheers.

Sponsored Links
If it is a CP12 form you require (Landlord safety inspection) then this must be done every 12 months by law.

anyone know the law that states when a gas appliance is changed if a new cert has to be issued, been asked this a few times, especially if they only have one appliance?

rob884 said:
anyone know the law that states when a gas appliance is changed if a new cert has to be issued, been asked this a few times, especially if they only have one appliance?

as long as you have a CP12 form that is still valid then you are clear on that side of things. As for changing an appliance which has to be done by a reg installer i can't see a problem about it affecting the Certificate. It will be picked up on next time round

Sponsored Links
all i have at mo is a Gas Safety Certificate, one issue I have is that the firm who carried out this test did not check the tightness of the installation, isnt this a requirement of a gas safety!

I need them back in this month so i may try someone else.

yeah i`v come across the same thing, do a gas cert ,cap off something cos it I.D then fit a new appliance. i guess if the new appliance has been installed by a corgi fitter the law say`s it safe to use ? must be something like that.

bster said:
all i have at mo is a Gas Safety Certificate, one issue I have is that the firm who carried out this test did not check the tightness of the installation, isnt this a requirement of a gas safety!

I need them back in this month so i may try someone else.

The Gas Tightness test is one of the most important checks you do on a inspection (CP12). I'd be pretty worried if he hasn't done this.

Thought so.

i will get another firm in, anyone recommend anyone in the Rhonnda!

The cp12 must be done within 12 months of a new appliance being installed, and every 12 months after.

Whilst that is not untrue, the interval is 12 months from the issue of the last CP12.

Example:

CP12 10 jan 2005

New boiler fitted 20 jan 2005 ( no new CP12 needed yet ).

CP12 10 jan 2006 ( to test new boiler )

Tony

Agile - Never would i doubt a thing that you say but (and i'm probably wrong anyway) I thought GSC had to be done within 12months, so mine is up on 30/9/06 so i should get it done by the 29th. or are you going to say it depends what time of day it was done last year!! :D

Strictly strictly, there's no stipulation that a gas tightness test has to be done - so some just "inspect". Silly but there it is. Plenty of discussion of it on gas-news. Mostly bemoaning the lack of any stipulations about what exactly is done on a LGSR.

Dates are related to the whole installation of course, not just one appliance.

Agile said:
Whilst that is not untrue, the interval is 12 months from the issue of the last CP12.

Example:

CP12 10 jan 2005

New boiler fitted 20 jan 2005 ( no new CP12 needed yet ).

CP12 10 jan 2006 ( to test new boiler )

Tony

Sorry Tony.

Regs say, within 12 month of the appliance being fitted.

Better add a bit to that :LOL:

If there are other appliances already fitted then they come under the existing cp12 and must be renewed when they run out.

doitall

so is a gas safety (existing appliances) within 12months?

bster said:
doitall

so is a gas safety (existing appliances) within 12months?

no, existing have to be done when the old cp12 runs out.

I would suggest the existing was done when they install the new boiler, then in 12 months time they can all be included

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back