Landlords gas safety

Sponsored Links
It was a lot easy being a gardener icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Wait until you're out there doing it for yourself. :D

I haven't gone out to the van to look- but doesn't the 'Essential Guide' suggest listing the new (less than 12 month appliance) on the CP12 and show it as 'not tested' with the install date etc?
Of course, in reality, that appliance could be up to two years old before its actually tested.

chr15 you have a good point, i like you approach to the L.L.G.S.C, when to comes to bbu and other open flued appliances you have to be sure, after all we are giving these appliance the all clear for 12 months,

letter box opening i class them as A.R and turn the appliance off. isssue paperwork ect....

my boss does`nt, I`am 100% on how to class them, they are A.R through and through.

how does everyone class them?

Sponsored Links
might be being thick here but what do you mean about a letter box opening

also be careful shutting down boilers willy nilly, you can get done for that

DIA is rather misleading you !

Technically he is correct that if the new boiler was installed six months ago then it does not need to be tested when the next LSC is done.

However if it is not tested then it still has to be tested when it is 12 months old.

In reality it should be tested at the next CP 12 after the new boiler is fitted.

If an RGI refuses to issue a CP12 because he thinks an appliance should be serviced then most landlords I come across would not pay him and would just look for an East European RGI who would gladly issue the CP 12 without further adoo.

Tony

dia said:
If there are other appliances already fitted then they come under the existing cp12 and must be renewed when they run out.
Er no, I think that should be "before" they run out :LOL: :LOL:

Brentwood I'm sure you're right.

Pretty sure letter box is AR
No "third seal" is a mess - depends on original instructions, "practicalities"... :rolleyes:
Whether fires have to fixed to a wall is hard - depends on original instructions... :rolleyes:

right I am starting to feel silly someone tell me what the letter box thing refers to

:oops:

corgiman i shut down what i must by law. no one will get me DONE, i`am a corgi engineer,

letter box open have you never seen one?

it is what it sounds like a letter box shaped hole in the chimeny breast. and the appliance is mounted with the spigot going through it.

illegal gas fitting classed a A.R

If an RGI refuses to issue a CP12 because he thinks an appliance should be serviced then most landlords I come across would not pay him and
Alright then sir I'll just test it, sir.
Oh dear it seems to have spilled when I tested it. ID, Charge for capping off. Saves work - further tests not done!

plumber (new blood) said:
corgiman i shut down what i must by law. no one will get me DONE, i`am a corgi engineer,

letter box open have you never seen one?

it is what it sounds like a letter box shaped hole in the chimeny breast. and the appliance is mounted with the spigot going through it.

illegal gas fitting classed a A.R

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I get you and your right, just wonder why your bossman does not thinks so??

Thanks for that, I had a brain fart there :)

PS you may as well service the bloody things while doing a cp12. how much longer does it take, you have to strio a bbu anyway so service it

cor we love a row dont we

ChrisR said:
dia said:
If there are other appliances already fitted then they come under the existing cp12 and must be renewed when they run out.
Er no, I think that should be "before" they run out :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Just like an old woman that must have the last word :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Of course that could be on or before the day they run out :LOL:

yeah you have a good point corgiman, if it needs a service to operate safely it should get one, i`am always being push by my boss to be in and out of a job, so i would have to shut an appliance done if i did`nt have time. its a production line at my firm. boss has a moan when he sends me to service 3 fires a boiler in one house and i ant done in an hour

I agree with you corgiman-might as well service them while your there-not a case of refusing to issue CP12 to the landlord,most landlords I've dealt with don't know the difference anyway,all they're interested in is the bit of paper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back