rogue trader filming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
friend of mine has informed me that rogue traders have been filmed for the last three weeks in the croydon area could it be you

Sponsored Links
I knew there was a reason why Chris would not do the jobs I refer to him in the Croydon area!

When is the program to be broadcast?

Tony

Tonight it was about Solar installers. Have recorded so should get to watch it sometime this year :cool:

I stopped working in Croydon after the nice people at Croydon Council towed me away for parking 1 inch over the end of the parking bay. :(

Sponsored Links
is it just me or are these types of programmes just getting boring??

same old same old every week, and streching out stuff to a ridiculous degree cos they never find enough "rogue Traders" to pack an half hour film

bring back steptoe and son, its funnier

i have it on my own house and looking to get more into it. I have just done a course on solar at Viessmann and on there installers list now.

I don't know where they were getting the average prices from of approx £3k for solar panels. Was that just for the equipment or for installation. I have just worked it out at about £3k for panels and cyclinder without installation. i can't see anyone installing panels for £3k (on average) unless they were just sticking them on the roof for show lol.

I believe the first lesson at college these days is how to spot the hidden camera b4 you do a pee in the cwst :LOL:
Pete

I agree these programmes make me sick and where do they get their prices from, a two panel system with new vented twin coil cylinder, solar flexpipe and a proffessionally erected scaffold would be in the region of £4,200.00 supplied and fitted, with an unvented cylinder this would be more money, I only use high quality materials and I only use what I consider high quality panels, I am certainally no cowboy, I have trained many installers on solar
These presenters of Rogue traders, how much do they get paid, I bet it's too much and it's out of licence payers money

Solar is going to take off in the next few years. Want proof? Have a look in any trade mag. Every boiler company now has a solar component too. I have done in exsess of 200 solar installs. So can say that yes it does work and yes the sales team for one of the firms featured last night are rouges. I know because I used to install for them and got fed up with fitting it for little old dears whop didn't really know why they were having it. The roofers went to one job and the old dears daughter answered the door, she told them that her mother didn't want solar. In fact she didn't even know what day it was because she had oldtimers. One job the husband had died the week previous and the widow didn't want it but as it had been sold it had to be fitted. I walked away from the job because the little old dear was crying on the phone to the office and I didn't need that on my concience. I took my van back and never returned to work. So be warned. not only are they expensive but they have no morals. I think a realisitic figure for a evav tube system is between 3.5 - 4k. flat pannel is probly 500quid less. Plus U need a desent pump to commision the system properly which are about £400 expensive but they make sure that all the air is out.

Chris, why do you think tubes are dearer than panels, tubes are easier to fit and in my opinion look unsightly on the roof, all this rubbish about tubes been more efficient is rubbish

So the customer saves 50% fuel per year on their hot water by installing solar panels.

Say the average gas bill for water is £200.

Thats a saving of £100 per year.

£4000 / £100 = 40 years payback time.

Ok gas prices will rise but solar panels don't last for ever, maintainence costs?, how long do the pumps last etc.

Where exactly is the customer going to save money?

Gasguru said:
So the customer saves 50% fuel per year on their hot water by installing solar panels.

Say the average gas bill for water is £200.

Thats a saving of £100 per year.

£4000 / £100 = 40 years payback time.

Ok gas prices will rise but solar panels don't last for ever, maintainence costs?, how long do the pumps last etc.

Where exactly is the customer going to save money?

Yes but they also have the satisfaction of knowing they are helping to save the enviroment :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back