rogue trader filming

sorry i may of mis lead you... Viessmann qualification does not get you on the low carbon programme.[/quote]

Just to correct you, the Viessmann course does not lead to a qualification.

Sponsored Links
lcgs said:
Newblood, its the same with any registration scheme (Corgi,Hetas,Oftec). Get the qualification that proves your competant and then fill out the application form. all info is avaliable through the solar trade association web site.Just like every one else they will periodically inspect your work and carry out an initial assement.
With the BPEC qual your card is issued by the STA, why im not sure maybe silverback can answer that one? and what form of membership that offers im again not sure?
Alot of the large firms are charging alot of money but i suppose their overheads are higher, near us in Notts and Lincoln £6000-8000 isnt un heard of, and thats not including Smart Energy's prices.

I am not sure why the card is issued by the STA, the only reson I can see is the dreaded competent persons scheme, they are probably looking ahead to creating a competent person scheme for solar and the STA are in the best position to run one

silverback said:
sorry i may of mis lead you... Viessmann qualification does not get you on the low carbon programme.

Just to correct you, the Viessmann course does not lead to a qualification.[/quote]
FFS. viessmann certification then. :rolleyes:

U just have to put ur head down and get on with it, ignoring the ones that blatantly don't need/afford it. Most people can do this for a year max.

Well if it is only a year of helping to rip people off then that's ok then.

Is there any wonder why people have trouble trusting tradesmen!?

Sponsored Links
I wasn't ripping people off. I was simply doing my job of fitting solar. I know it sounds a bit nazi simply obeying orders, but at the time I needed a job and there it was. and when someone is paying you upwards of £1000 a week for changing hot water cylinders. Well U can live with it.
I now work for myself and as such I have never ripped anyone off. I often do jobs for little old ladies and get naff all for it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back