replacement fire after bbu is removed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after the removing a bbu and siting the boiler else where in the house you are left with the old flue liner. say i was to install a inset fire, what would be the best solution for the liner? remove it?? maybe not, roof access ect.. install liner onto a box??

can anyone offer any advice on this one

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
as long as the flue liner is in good condition and you gas fire will work on a 5" class 2 chimmney they you need to either 3rd seal it or add a flue box to it and should be not problem.

third seal is the plate sealing the annular space at the base of the flue liner.

i can remeber being taught that the liner is as only as good as the original appliance it was fitted for, therfore new applaince new liner. I know some will say what if old boiler has just had brand new liner and bbu is now being removed leaving nearly new liner in place why change it.

lcgs take your point, i think if i removed a bbu unit and was covered in soot then i`d want to remove the liner.

no reason to have the liner if the chimney is still ok.

3rd seal ,seals the flue liner at the base of the chimmney.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back