Installing a downstairs toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just want some advise on installing a downstairs toilet in our utility room, how difficult is it?
My hubby has tackled many diy jobs over the last 25 years, plumbing, heating, converting a garage into an extra room (following Building regs of course) and done really professional jobs, there isn't anything really that I don't think he wouldn't have a go at - basically because of the cost of labour builders charge!
Installing a toilet from scratch is something he has never had to do - any advise or pics of any 'installing toilet' projects would be appriciated greatly.

cheers
susan

Sponsored Links
Simplest answer is probably to get yourselves a couple of quotes. There will be snags and options, which you should get a fair idea about, that way.
You never know you might get one you like!

The major limiting factor is the soil pipe arrangement - if the utility is near a stack, life will be easier. Otherwise I believe I'm right in saying that with a macerator you can put a WC almost anywhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back