BOSCH WFL2000 NO DRUM ACTION

• Thread starter oystermouth1971
  • Start date
O

oystermouth1971

I have a Bosch wfl2000 which has worked flawlessly until 3 weeks ago when the drum would no longer move. the carbon brushes were duly replaced and the machine worked for just 5 washes, but now, after filling up with water, there is again no drum action.

The machine clicks repeatedly before giving up and the \\\"end\\\" light then lights up, but the machine is still full of water, which is only resolved when the drain option is then duly selected.

Am I right in thinking this is a motor problem?

Sponsored Links
Check the carbons again. Notorious for sticking. You may have to file them to fit properly.

I just fixed this problem on my WFL2000. Find the wiring loom to the motor from underneath. Carefully cut the cable tie holding the wires and plastic protective sheet. Remove and re-seat the wiring multiplug and the earth spade connector on the motor. I didn't use any contact cleaner, just pulled the connector out and pushed it back in. Now the motor works.

billyswizz, welcome to the forums,
I dont suppose oystermouth1971 cares about your suggestion, since :

a) Only made one post never to return again

b) Asked the question (nearly) 2 years ago

please check the date a post was made before you reply, but I suspect apart form some sarcastic comment you too will no longer post

Sponsored Links
A big thank you to Billyswizz for his post. This was the solution for our broken down machine. We were all set to buy a new machine as I know nothing about washers.
Your post WAS useful and thats four years on from the original post.
Many many thanks

i too had the same problem, so i did what you said and found that the earth wire to the motor had almost completely broken. i crimped on a new spade terminal and jiggled the main jack plug and that has fixed the problem. thanks :

I'll jump on board with the thanks to Billyswizz, I was sitting here downunder with a crook washing machine and a circuit diagram that was written in German. Now I have a fully running machine after cleaning the caked up carbon out of the main connector to the motor.
Cheers Billy I'll send you a PM so I can buy you a pint when I'm in Ol'Blighty sometime. :LOL:

Many thanks to billyswizz.

My machine drum stopped turning this morning and using his advice I had the machine working perfectly again in less than an hour.

Great stuff !!

OK, I admit to the occasional wry smile at this thread.

This was only a temporary fix in my case. Eventually my machine needed new brushes.

Cheers

Bill

Always better to replace the brushes sooner rather than later. Seen too many trashed motors because it was left too long (copper tail arcing on commutator and damaging it BER or flashing the PCB)

Either way on average 120 notes just for part rather than 12 for brushes

OK, I admit to the occasional wry smile at this thread.

This was only a temporary fix in my case. Eventually my machine needed new brushes.

Cheers

Bill

Hi billyswiz
I'm new here and just stumbled across your post, my bosch seems to stop after filling, the drain cycle works but not the spin cycle? think I could have the same problem?
cheers ezy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back