Profile 80e Airlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from a previous post about the installation of a restrictor ( which works fine ) I have another problem.

After installing the restrictor and refilling the system I seem to have air in the heat exchanger which will not go away.
The boiler heats all rads fine and hot water is o.k. From first start up all is well ( just a small amount of kettling) then one or two large air bubbles pass up the flow pipe towards the pump. Continues like this every few minutes. Seems to get worse the longer the boiler is on especially when heating the hot water cylinder only.
Been like this for about 3 weeks now. When I bleed the top rad ( bubbles seem to go into this rad ) only small amounts of air comes out.
With the boiler turned off and pump running the return pipe sounds like the air is returning as well from the sound of rushing water. Sometimes I can hear dripping from inside the boiler.
Can\\\'t find any bleed valve on the cast iron heat exchanger so I was wondering if there is a way to solve this.

Many thanks in advance
p.s I have 12 rads and a 3 way mid position valve. Open vented hot water cylinder and a WPS 110 pump set on 2 ( changing speed makes no difference )

Sponsored Links
If there is water dripping within the boiler then this is classified as Immediately Dangerous!

The correct procedure is for the boiler to be isolated and turned off.

I am too responsible to give any further advice if a competent person is not involved!

Tony

Agile,

I'm confused.

Are you saying that if water is dripping within the heat exchanger then this is classified as dangerous. I thought that any overheat situation the reset stat would kick in. BTW, it sounds more like trickling when I place my ear against the boiler casing even when the boiler is off and pump running.

Otherwise, I may have given you the wrong impression that water was leaking inside the boiler casing.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back