Replacing skirting boards w. radiators in the way.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am in the process of replacing my skirting boards and I am having difficulty replacing the ones that are behind radiators. It's very difficult to remove them because I can't get at them with my crow bar and chisel etc, and I imagine it will be difficult to get the new skirting boards in too.

Do many people temporarally remove the radiators to get the new skirting boards replaced?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Zampa said:
Try the building bit mate
I wouldn't

taking a rad off wont solve the problem the pipes will still be there

+++++++++++++++++++

I've put it in plumbing for a bit.

Mod Rupert

+++++++++++++++++++

I'm assuming rad pipes come up through the floor. So remove the rad then slide skirting down behind pipes. If this is not possible take the lenght of skirting and cut a scarf joint midway between the two pipes, then fit and if needed fill the joint, if your painting the skirting the joint should not be noticeable, if not cut an accurate scarf.

Sponsored Links
Sorry haven't got my brain in gear - to remove skirting, take the rad off, prise skirting away from wall midway between rad pipes, use a tenon saw to cut the skirting, if this doesn't work make another couple of cuts in skirting at various points.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back