how old is the vokera excell 80 sp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, got a prolem with the boiler, no hot water unless the heating's on.

i rang a plumber and he said it sounded like a diverter or something, and i had a constant pilot light and therefore an old boiler. this would mean there may not be replacement parts available and that he might have to install a new boiler for £1,500!

so does anyone know how old this boiler might be? or if parts would still be available?

british gas would come round for £198 or £24 a month for a year but would not charge me at all if the boiler was unfixable.

so i don't know what to do.

i'm worried i might get ripped off.

Sponsored Links
Depending which model vokera80sp if you have 2 brass plugs just below the flue bend it is probably post 1996 to around 1998 if there are no brass plugs below flue bend it will be betweeb around 1993 & 1996.Most likely cause of problem is domestic diaphragm or domestic microswitch which are very common faults & easy to rectify.

thanks for your response.

worse case senario: do you know if any of the parts wouldn't be available? i mean, is there any chance i might need a new boiler? and would it really cost £1500?

i'm just trying to work out if i can trust this plumber guy.

cheers

One of the better combis produced.

Likely parts around £20.00 for the kit. Hours work including all the safety checks.

Sponsored Links
thanks. this plumber said he'll come round for free and tell me what the trouble is.

so, are you saying there's no chance this boiler is unfixable and the fix should be quite cheap and quick? i'm looking at less than £150?

cheers

Imposible to say but Ive not yet found any that can't be repaired for a fairly minimal cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back