BOSCH MAXX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch MAXX which will not drain. When the cycle comes round for it to drain it makes a ratchetting noise and after a few minutes stops. I then have to drain the machine and pop the pump impellor back on the spindle. Only then can I restart the washing machine to get a full wash cycle. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:
Pumps knackered, the impellor isn't meant to come off.

Thanks Sleepyhead, will try this option before buying a new washing machine.

Regards

Richard.

I've got a Maxx 7, and I had problems with draining out the water and emptying the softener dispenser.
Combining with f-16 problem - I was about to break down and call a technician.
Well, fortunately I've been using some very good advises here, so I'd like to share my experience with you:
Water won't drain out - first check the water pipe exit to the sewage while you hear the water pump running (you can turn the control button to the draining program while there is some water in the machine drum). If there's a slight current or there isn't any current at all check out the pump for blockades simply by opening the hatch located at the down-right corner at the front side of the machine (don't forget to prepare an empty shallow bucket for there must be some water in the system). After you open the hatch, turn the round black lid anticlockwise and pull it out. Check for anything blocking the pump. Try to twist the impeller assuring it turns loose. Secondary, leave the hatch open, plug the electric wire to the current and set the control button to the draining program. Notice the impeller for its rotating speed, whether it's sufficient. Third, check the plastic elastic water pipe draining out the water to the sewage for blockades. Consider turning over the machine on its side for better access to the pipe's wrapping ring (inserting folded cardboard between machine wall and drum for buffering it while tilt it over is recommended). Clean the plastic pipe completely (I used pressurized water in my bath tub, until it came out clean). That fixed the problem for me...
Softener dispenser doesn't drain down - in the drum casing there is a water level indicator. When there is water in the drum, resulting from malfunction in draining out the water, the water level indicator signals the machine brain. The machine brain allocate the exact duration for the pump to draw out the water. As the pump doesn't complete its task the outcome is simple - the whole cycle is stopped all the more so it will never reach draining down the softener. Solving the previous problem (draining out the water) will fix the problem. It worked for me...
F-16 problem - indicates the door is opened. The problem lies in the door indicator. You can change it or you can fix it (like I did). For accessing the door indicator you should release the the door rubber seal by implanting flat screwdriver at the left edge of the seal. There's a spring you should pull out along with metal ring attached to it. then you can push in the out squirts of the rubber ring and release it. In MAXX 7 model there are 2 plastic pins located above and below the locking hook opening. Push those pins inside a bit and slide the lock left side until it's released. Then gently insert your fingers between the loosen rubber ring and the round metal opening and pull out the plug. The lock with the indicator is now free for you to change it or fix it if you choose for.
Fixing the door lock indicator - as you look at the indicator you'll see it's made out of 2 plastic shell case attached together by plastic clips. The general idea is inserting small flat screwdriver in each clip for releasing it. That is the 'general idea...'. Specifically you'll have to release all of those clips simultaneously. That is off course almost impossible. You'll need not a few screwdrivers. I managed it simply by flattening by hammer slams bare copper electric wire, chopping it to 1 inch pieces and inserting those at the slots between the clips and the case. While the shell case is opened, gently take out the metal strip, noticing the correct order for later assembling and clean the contact points off the soot. You can use screwdriver to rub the burnt out contacts, removing all the soot. Now, assemble carefully and gently. Your problem is over!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back