difference between a Worcester CDi? and Ri?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Both heat only boilers, both sedbuk A, and both greenstar's

cdi described as 'conventional' Heat only.

only difference seems to be that CDI has fixed output and Ri has a modulating or range rated output.

(i'm looking at the plumb center price guide)

Sponsored Links
Do you mean CDi and Ri? Or have they bought out a new one?

worcester bring out different models for everything

i beleive before the greenstars they had two exact same combis but one had a user HW adjustment the other didnt! whats the point in that

Sponsored Links
I've just noticed that the Cdi's are only available as 30 or 40kw models, and Ri's dont go above 24kw odd

so they maybe the same boilers with different names because of their outputs??? :confused: :confused:

The internals of the 30 and 40kw must be different to the leser output models(Ri) thus warrenting a different model name.

Well thats my guess anyway.

I think that Worcester boilers are a tw*t to install - the electrical connections, the jig etc... compared to other manufacturers

ever have to install the SE CDI's ?

came with a big cross 'X' with two threads sticking out, and like the new ones you had to measure where to put everything a template is obviously too easy.

I've only been plumbing for 3 years and i've already noticed that Worcester wall hung boilers are a pain in the arse compared to the other stuff we install (Gloworm, Ideal,Baxi etc) for all their reputation as the dogs nads (although i read that Vaillant seem to be the top dogs at mo) Worcester are doing themselves no favours regarding ease of installation. The gas engineer in work says that they used to be easy to install (i think he said they used to use a rigid single piece jig) and the new ones are a bitch. why have they gone backwards? its totally illogical.

I loved the old cdis no horrible washers pull the boiler out and slam it back to the wall brilliant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back