Two oven install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought two Neff electric ovens (one is combination/microwave) to replace an existing single oven. I would like to utilise the existing wiring if possible. Can I wire them both into the existing single terminal outlet box? (Both new appliances rated at 3.6Kw and existing radial circuit is 30amp.)

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
You should be OK at that. Total max demand is 31A but they will never both be running at max & we can apply diversity,
Dont forget that there willl be just the 30A fuse in the circuit so check the Neff instructions in case they state each has to be separately fused at 16A eg.

for 3.6KW, i would fuse them at 16A somehow. Best way would probably be to use a 2 way enclosure and fit 2 no. 16A MCBs in it, and possibly use this for isolation near the ovens too.

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
MCB's should not be used for this purpose...
oh?? i'm sure someone said on here they could be used as local isolation before . . .

anyhow, maybe not the best idea, since they'd have to be on show.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back