Sticking brick chips back on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When drilling a hole from the inside to thread a wire through to the PIR security lights, the drill has broken apart the front of a brick.
I have the chips and I'm thinking of trying to glue them back.
What should I use? Silicon sealant?

I want to avoid replacing the brick if possible as it would be a tricky job with the wire there.

The hole is about 10feet up, so I don't think you'd notice the joins.
You can certainly notice the hole at the moment though.

Sponsored Links
I would be inclined to use Waterproof PVA adhesive (black label, not red) mixed with the brick dust

It's definitely a bit annoying when you destroy the brick face - just not sure anybody I know has successfully glued the bits back in. You may find that water gets behind the pieces and then lifts the bits back off.

Time for a bity of a confession - I have just drunk some wine and had to read this thread because it mentioned 'chips' - and I'm a bit hungry at the moment :oops:

Sponsored Links
I would certainly do it because I would share your irritation. I'd try Plastic Padding. I have repaired all kinds of things with that.

just take out the brokrn brick and put the cable back in the mortar joint job done properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back